Thursday, October 22, 2015

True Colors of America

It's getting stronger with the markers every day.

Now back in Haifa with some 60 new products, I feel that my path leads to a new direction, and I am excited to find out more about myself and the possibilities in artmaking. Recently I prefer to go out with a small sketchpad postcard-size, about 20 various colors in markers, and sketch away - everything looks different to me now.
This is how I found America, from New York to Florida and back. I liked the marshes in Florida best but they did not render themselves easily to sketch; buildings and well-defined forms do better.

Markers 14x21 unless otherwise indicated.








This next painting in watercolors I did after the markers sketch of the same subject, below.
25x35 cm.


And this threesome is from Florida. (Keys and  Miami Beach).



No comments: